- Calgary Projection TV Repair
- Find Your Lamp
- Portable Projector Service
- In-Home TV Repair Service Calgary
- In Home Convergence Repair Calgary
- Sony XL2400 TV Lamp Replacement Guide
- Sony LCD TV Optical Block, Optical Engine Info
- LCD Plasma In-Home TV Repair Service Calgary
- Lamp Installation
- JVC TV Lamp and Bulb DIY Installation Guide
- Sony LCD TV Replacement Bulb Installation $249 + gst
- Toshiba TV Color Wheel Service
REAR PROJECTION CLEAN & ALIGN
Most 3 TUBE REAR PROJECTORS can be cleaned and adjusted to look like new if there are no defective component problems.
It is normal to have slight misalignment after a few years that shows as minor colored outlines, dim picture, poor sharpness and contrast. This can usually be improved with clean/align.
The inside surfaces of the screen can not be cleaned with liquids as there is are fine grooves cut in the plastic and in some cases a chemical coating can be damaged. Occasionally there are spider webs, bugs, dust balls and other debris that degrades the picture and provide some improvement if cleaned.
Rear Projection TVs have a "First Surface" mirror within the optical box. This is very delicate and easily damaged. No cleaning of the mirror should be attempted except in extreme situations. The mirror is easily scratched or damaged and produces un-repairable flaws in the picture.
Clean and align costs from $60 to $90, depending on the make and model.
Calgary and Rural